FOOTHILLS DISTRICT RECHARTER INFORMATION
It’s time to recharter your unit for 2018. THIS YEAR’S RECHARTER OCCURS ONE MONTH EARLIER THAN IN PREVIOUS YEARS!
Recharter packets were distributed at the September Roundtable. If you didn’t pick up your packet, call your commissioner or pick it up at October Roundtable.
Important Dates for this year:
- 9/7/17 – Pick up packets at Roundtable
- 10/1/17 – Internet Recharter Website Available Online
- 10/5/17 – Roundtable (Maple Avenue United Methodist Church): Pick up remaining packets, and early Recharter Submittal for any units that are complete
- 11/2/17 – Recharter Submittal at Roundtable (MAUMC)
- 11/18/17 – FOOTHILLS RECHARTER SATURDAY (9 AM – Noon) at Volunteer Service Center. Recharter must be submitted by this date to satisfy Chicken Pin requirements.
The information sheets in the Packets were incorrect: the last date to submit your charter renewal paperwork is our District’s Recharter Saturday 11/18/17 at the Volunteer Service Center. Program Center staff and computers will be available to help resolve problems at Recharter Saturday.
Changes this year
- ALL REGISTERED LEADERS MUST HAVE YPT
- Annual fee increase from $24 to $33 for each member (youth and adult)
- You can pay online with a credit card
Timeline for Successful Recharter
- Check your unit roster in www.my.scouting.org . Compare to your records and identify any differences.
- Conduct a membership inventory to confirm that members are rechartering for 2018. Confirm that all registered adults have completed YPT within last 2 years.
- Also recommend collecting annual dues from members (note the increase in national membership fees).
- October: Submit applications for any youth and adults not listed opn the internet advancement (or my.scouting.org) roster. Verify signatures, YPT certificates for new adults. Adult applications must have Social Security Number and birthdate.
- Late October: Prepare your data, get all applications, paperwork together. Decide if you will upload from your unit management software. Double check YPT. Make an appointment with your charter organization’s executive officer to sign the roster.
- Early November: Log on to internet recharter as a first time user and set your password. Once you start, your roster is frozen. Go through the recharter process as instructed. You can pay online or in person when you submit the recharter package. Print at least 2 copies of the final roster. Get the Executive Officer’s signature.
Recharter Submittal (at Roundtable or on Recharter Saturday at the VSC)
- Bring your 2 copies of the signed recharter roster, and any required applications and YPT certificates.
- Bring 2 blank checks if you did not pay online, or your receipt / confirmation of online payment.
- Bring your completed JTE forms
Showstopper: No executive officer signature on Roster.
Problems must be resolved before the registrar can enter your recharter into the national database. In most cases we can take the charter renewal package, and just work with you to resolve issues. Common issues:
- Missing applications
- Adult application missing signed background permission, SS number, signatures.
- Youth applications missing signatures.
- YPT missing
- Forgot to bring a signed check.
- With online payment, any over/under issues will be resolved after submittal.
Questions? Call your commissioner, or email Lewis Hays at LFHays [at] outlook.com