How to Submit an Eagle Scout Project Proposal
As stated in Requirement 5: “You must use the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook, BSA publication No. 512-927, in meeting this requirement.” Download the Project Workbook from http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards/Eagle…and complete it using Adobe Reader 9 or later. The workbook uses Adobe Lifecycle, and won’t work correctly in your Internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) or in a non-Adobe product like NuancePDF.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you download the official workbook from the BSA website. This document changes periodically, and you MUST use the most recent version.
Do ALL of the following steps:
- Read ALL of the instructions in the workbook file
- Complete the contact information form on page B (your troop may have a reference version of this form for you to copy from)
- Complete Pages C-E (Eagle Scout Service Project Proposal)
- Print out page E and sign it, then get your Unit Leader (Scoutmaster, Crew Advisor), Unit Committee Chair, and Beneficiary Representative to sign the form after properly reviewing your proposal.
- Email the completed pages B-E to the District Advancement Chair (contact info appears below – Make sure to read the Youth Protection information)
- Send the original of pages B and E with all of the signatures (you will want to make a copy for yourself, but we need the original) along with a self-addressed (to you) stamped envelope to the address below, so that we can sign your proposal and return the completed signature page to you.
IMPORTANT Youth Protection information: BSA policy prohibits one-on-one communications between youth and adults. Please CC: your parents and Scoutmaster when you submit your project proposal by email.
District Advancement Chair Contact Information (for Page B and to submit your proposal and signature page for approval):
3467 River Heights Crossing SE
Marietta, GA 30067
Please allow 2 weeks for project proposal review and approval.